Fun at the Fair!
The Arlington County Fair is proud to offer entertainment options for all ages! Enjoy everything from pony rides to pig races to activities for kids and the whole family, including a Parade, Competitive Exhibits, Kids’ Court, Senior Adults, Indoor Entertainment, Outdoor Entertainment, Rides, and much, much more!
(Click link for program)
(Click link for schedule)
You’re Invited! Ribbon Cutting
Join the Arlington County Fair Board, members of the Arlington County Board and the community as we cut the ribbon to officially open the 40th Arlington County Fair! Please join us on Wednesday, August 17 at 5:00 p.m. in front of the Thomas Jefferson Community Center. Light refreshments will be served.
The Arlington County Fair Board of Directors is proud to bring you the 40th Annual Arlington County Fair, which will celebrate 40 years of community fun with a Parade on Saturday, August 20th, at 10:00 a.m. All fair-goers are invited to participate in this event.
The Arlington County Fair is proud to showcase the best of Arlington and our neighboring communities! Come join the adventure by supporting local artists at two stages on the fairgrounds.
A variety of local music groups and solo performers are hosted on our outdoor stage throughout the Fair. The stage is located on the baseball field. Seating is provided under a tent and fair-goers are encouraged to grab some food for a picnic and cheer on the performers.
All fair-goers are invited to visit our indoor stage to watch some of the area’s most talented groups perform. From singers to dancers to Bingo, a variety of entertainment will be showcased!
Turf Field Programming
A visit to the turf field is a must for of all ages. Each day, the Fair will feature activities and demos from local youth and adult athletic leagues, dance groups and more! Many welcome audience participation, so check out the outdoor entertainment schedule for details.
Terrance Miller Photo Booth
Just weeks after our 2015 Arlington County Fair we lost a dear member of our Fair family, Terrance Miller, 28, a dedicated volunteer and two-term board member who passed away on August 18, 2015. Terrance’s was one of the first faces people encountered as they arrived at the Fair. We dedicate the 2016 Arlington County Fair in Terrance’s memory. Wherever he went, Terrance brought so much joy to people’s lives and loved to share the fun of the Fair through his social media. We hope you will honor his legacy by joining us at our new photo booth in our Indoor Vendor area to make your own memories of the Fair, just as Terrance often did.
Find the Disco Ball Contest
NEW! Since we have been groovy since 1977, we want to celebrate our 40th Fair and the decade of our birth by holding a contest. Once the indoor vendor area opens on Friday, August 19th, we will be hiding a disco ball in a different vendor’s booth each day. The first person who spots the disco ball each day and notifies the Arlington County Fair staff at the registration desk will receive free ride tickets. Official rules listed below. Far out!
Photo of the Day Contest
Get your camera out and have fun at the Fair! The Arlington County Fair invites you to submit your favorite photographs from this year’s Fair for our Photo of the Day contest. Each day, we will select one winner who will receive an official 2016 Fair t-shirt and four ride tickets. One grand prize will also be chosen to win a prize pack for the 2017 Fair, which includes two 2017 t-shirts and eight ride tickets. You may also have your photograph featured on our website, Fair program, or competitive exhibits guide.
Please send your entries to email@example.com by 10:00am the following day, along with your name and your neighborhood. Photos will be judged on subject, creativity, composition, and how well they capture the spirit of the Arlington County Fair. Winners will be contacted directly by e-mail with instructions on prize pick-up. Official rules listed below.
To view photographs that have been submitted and see a list of winners, visit our photo album on Facebook. Good luck!
Look for the ponies on our upper field, right next to the racing piglets! Due to the size of the ponies, we request that riders weigh 85 pounds or less. There is a fee associated with the rides. Hours are listed in our program, but please remember the ponies must eat and rest every once in a while. Therefore, short breaks will be scheduled throughout the day. If you arrive during a break, you will see a sign with the time the pony rides will resume.
Racing Piglets & Racing Goats
Come have lots of laugher and lots of fun as the Hollywood Hogs All-Star Racing Team performs! These awkward, but cute and cuddly racing animals fascinate spectators. You’ll want to get to each of the multiple races each day the Fair is open to get a spot up close on the racing track. Don’t miss this event!!!
The Harlem Wizards have a unique mission: create awe-inspiring events throughout the country. This world class organization brings theatrics, exciting tricks, humor, fitness and dazzling showmanship — just a few reasons to check out the Harlem Wizards! All shows are free and run for 30 minutes, with time for autographs and pictures with the performers afterward.
Thomas Jefferson Middle School Community Garden
The TJ Garden, an organic garden, is a demonstration and education project for Thomas Jefferson Middle School with a portion of the produce going to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) to support the broader Arlington community through its “Plot Against Hunger” program. Take a relaxing stroll through the Community Garden, located behind the Racing Pigs!
Find the Disco Ball Contest Official Rules
- No purchase necessary.
- Arlington County Fair Board of Directors and volunteers, food vendors and indoor vendors are not eligible.
- One prize per household for the contest period, August 19-21, 2016.
- Indoor vendor hours are August 19 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., August 20 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and August 21 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- One prize pack (two ride tickets, good for two full rides) will be given per day to the first person to find the disco ball. If no disco ball is found by the close of the indoor vendor area, no prizes will be awarded.
- To win, you must bring the disco ball to an Arlington County Fair board member (in green Fair polo shirts) at the indoor registration desk near the indoor stage. See map on page XX for details.
- Winners will be announced via the Arlington County Fair’s social media channel(s).
Photo of the Day Contest Official Rules
By submitting a photograph, you agree to the following:
- Materials that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws are strictly prohibited. If such photographs are received, proper action will be taken and you will be disqualified from the contest.
- No copyrighted images will be accepted. Each photograph must be your own and taken during the 2015 Arlington County Fair.
- You give the Arlington County Fair permission to use your photograph in future promotional materials and to have your first name and neighborhood shared along with your picture in our online photo album.
- Photographs must be attached in .jpg format.
- There is a limit of 5 photograph submissions per day; please send all submissions for a particular day in one email by 10:00am the following day.
- Do not submit the same photograph on multiple days.
- No alternative prizes will be offered if the winner is not available to accept the prize offered. Prizes are not transferable.