The 2016 Arlington County Fair marks our 40th anniversary and we invite local businesses and organizations to help us commemorate this occasion by participating in our second annual parade! Join us on Saturday, August 20, as we celebrate feelin’ “Groovy Since 1977!”
We’re excited to welcome as our 2016 Arlington County Fair parade grand marshals Alvin Jones and Ulysses E. Campbell, hosts of TMI (Too Much Information) on WERA 96.7 FM in Arlington! TMI is a daily morning drive variety show that offers humorous and thought-provoking commentary on a wide range of contemporary and popular culture topics including current events, politics, entertainment, science, international affairs and history. Check them out Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
(scroll to see full list)
Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps
Arlington Combined Honor Guard
Arlington County Officials
Arlington County Fire Department
The Arlington Players
Fraternidad Cultural Pachamama
Girl Scouts Association 60-3
GO BANANAS Dancing LLC
The Merit School
Mothers of North Arlington
(click link to application)
- Local non-profit organizations: $35
- Vendors/sponsors/businesses already participating in the Arlington County Fair: $50
- All other local businesses: $60
- What is the parade route? The parade will begin at the Arlington Career Center, located at 816 South Walter Reed Drive, and end on the fairgrounds at Thomas Jefferson Community Center, located at 125 South Old Glebe Road. The route is just under 1 mile (see map below).
- What time does the parade start? The parade will begin at 10:00am on Saturday, August 20, 2016. Parade participants will proceed in a pre-assigned sequence from the Career Center, so departure times will vary.
- If I’m in the parade, where can I park? Participants can park at the Career Center and use the Fair shuttle to return to their cars.