Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Arlington County Fair! The Fair is planned and implemented by an all-volunteer Board of Directors and we appreciate the support of volunteers like you in reaching our goals.
How to Volunteer:
1. Fill out the online volunteer application.
2. Attend an orientation session to learn more about each opportunity and sign up for specific shifts. See the volunteer interest form for information on orientation sessions.
General Information for Volunteers:
1. Volunteers are needed for 2-4 hour shifts throughout the week of August 3rd (the Fair runs August 5th – 9th). You may volunteer for as many shifts as you would like.
2. We accept volunteers of all ages, but anyone age 16 or younger must have a parent/guardian on site during his/her shift.
3. All volunteers must have filled out a Volunteer Interest Form by its deadline and attend an orientation session. No volunteers will be accepted on-site.
4. Submitting information on the Volunteer Interest Form does not sign you up for specific shifts or tasks. You must attend a volunteer orientation to receive a specific assignment.
5. We will sign forms or letters for students who are required to volunteer for school or an organization. In order for us to confirm your hours, you must sign in and out for each shift at the Registration Desk. Students are also required to present the form or request a letter while they are on-site at the Fair. Due to the number of volunteers, we cannot verify hours after the event.
6. We accept court-ordered volunteers on a case-by-case basis. We can only accept volunteers with non-violent and non-larceny offenses and reserve the right to not to accept a volunteer regardless of the offense. Any individual who is a client of Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) in Arlington County must sign up and participate directly through OAR.
7. Volunteers must adhere to a Code of Conduct. Violations of this code or any inappropriate actions will results in immediately dismissal of the volunteer from his/her shift and he/she will not be permitted to volunteer for the Fair in the future.