How You Can Help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Arlington County Fair! The Fair is planned and implemented by an all-volunteer non-profit organization and we appreciate the support of our fellow community members.
There are two types of volunteer opportunities:
- FAIR VOLUNTEERS: To be a general volunteer for the Fair, please fill out a Volunteer Interest Form by July 31, 2018 and attend an orientation session in July (dates to be announced). No volunteers will be accepted on-site. We are also accepting applications for our competitive exhibits program. To volunteer with CE, please find more information and a link to our application here. Due to scheduling needs, no on-site volunteers will be accepted. More information can be found below.
- FAIR BOARD MEMBERS: individuals who volunteer throughout the year and during the week of the Fair to plan and implement all aspects of the event. If you would like to apply for a position on the all-volunteer Board of Directors, please click here.
There are no paid positions with the Arlington County Fair, Inc.
General Information for Fair volunteers:
1. Volunteers are needed for 2-4 hour shifts throughout the week of August 15th (the Fair runs August 15th – 19th). You may volunteer for as many shifts as you would like.
2. We accept volunteers of all ages, but anyone age 13 or younger must have a parent/guardian on site during his/her shift.
3. All volunteers must have filled out a Volunteer Interest Form by July 31, 2018 and attend an orientation session in July. No volunteers will be accepted on-site.
4. Submitting information on the Volunteer Interest Form does not sign you up for specific shifts or tasks. You must attend a volunteer orientation to receive a specific assignment.
5. We will sign forms or letters for students who are required to volunteer for school or an organization. In order for us to confirm your hours, you must sign in and out for each shift at the Registration Desk. Students are also required to present the form or request a letter while they are on-site at the Fair. Due to the number of volunteers, we cannot verify hours after the event.
6. We accept court-ordered volunteers on a case-by-case basis. We can only accept volunteers with non-violent and non-larceny offenses and reserve the right to not to accept a volunteer regardless of the offense. Any individual who is a client of Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) in Arlington County must sign up and participate directly through OAR.
7. Volunteers must adhere to a Code of Conduct. Violations of this code or any inappropriate actions will result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer from his/her shift and he/she will not be permitted to volunteer for the Fair in the future.