How You Can Help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2020 Arlington County Fair! Check back soon for the interest form.
Volunteer information and rules:
1. Volunteers are needed for 4+ hour shifts throughout the week of the fair.
2. We accept volunteers of all ages, but anyone age 13 or younger must have a parent/guardian on site during his/her shift.
3. All volunteers must have filled out a Volunteer Interest Form below by June 1, 2020 and attend an orientation session in July. No volunteers will be accepted on-site.
4. Submitting information on the Volunteer Interest Form does not sign you up for specific shifts or tasks. You must attend a volunteer orientation to receive a specific assignment.
5. We will sign forms or letters for students who are required to volunteer for school or an organization. In order for us to confirm your hours, you must sign in and out for each shift at the Registration Desk. Students are also required to present the form or request a letter while they are on-site at the Fair. Due to the number of volunteers, we cannot verify hours after the event.
6. We accept court-ordered volunteers on a case-by-case basis. We can only accept volunteers with non-violent and non-larceny offenses and reserve the right to not to accept a volunteer regardless of the offense. Any individual who is a participant of Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) in Arlington County must sign up and participate directly through OAR.
7. Volunteers must adhere to a Code of Conduct. Violations of this code or any inappropriate actions will result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer from his/her shift and he/she will not be permitted to volunteer for the Fair in the future.
Apply to become a Fair Board Member!
Individuals who volunteer throughout the year and during the week of the Fair to plan and implement all aspects of the event. If you would like to apply for a position on the all-volunteer Board of Directors, please click here.